Thursday, July 30, 2015

Summer Garden

I planted a garden in mid-May. I called it the Garden of Procrastination because I waited so long to decide whether or not I would plant a garden.


Olivia loves the garden center.


I bought cucumber, okra, basil, cherry tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, lavender, and citronella. 


And here is the garden currently.



The basil is thriving, the cherry tomatoes are starting to amp up production. I have a few okra pods. The heirlooms haven't done anything yet but they're not supposed to until late summer. So, hopefully soon! I have tiny, inch-long cucumbers. This is my best attempt at gardening, so far anyway. I think all the rain and cool temperatures helped me out.


For dinner I made the Polenta Bake with Spinach and Mushrooms from One-Dish Vegan. It didn't look that great. The polenta did not want to spread evenly over the spinach-mushroom layer.


Tasted awesome though, with some marinara spooned on top. I guess we don't always eat with our eyes. Sometimes just with our mouths and stomachs.


No comments:

Post a Comment