Friday, July 10, 2015

4th of July

We spend July 4th weekend up in Oklahoma. We were just in time for the grand opening of the new water park in Shawnee.


It was just what we needed to get the kids out of my mother in law's house for a few hours and let them get their sillies out.


Tony and I got in too. I don't understand parents who don't get in the water. I am not just going to sit there and sweat for several hours. I'm getting in.


We had a low key holiday, hanging around the house. Jackson and Olivia got to meet their cousins from California for the first time. They just happened to be visiting at the same time as us. 


One evening, my mother-in-law volunteered to watch the kids so Tony and I could have a date night in the city. Believe it or not we passed up getting Chinese fast food from a convenience store.


We had heard good things about The Mule and it did not let us down. Their specialty cocktails are all variations on the Moscow Mule. I had the Okie Mule, made with hibiscus syrup, vodka, ginger beer, and lime. It was amazing. I wish I was drinking one (or three) now.


My handsome husband.


We started with the craziest stuffed mushrooms either of us had ever encountered. They were loaded with cashew cheeze, grilled jalapenos, barbecue sauce, and guac.  Hot and gooey and amazing.


I had the Herbivore sandwich with cashew cheeze, beets, mushrooms, tomato pesto, onions, jalapenos, and avocado. That is a lot of ingredients to pile onto a sandwich and I was impressed. The vegan side of the day was quinoa with butternut squash and pecans. It was sweet like something you would eat for breakfast, kind of an odd pairing but it worked.


My other handsome gentleman, always ready for a road trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment