Monday, June 22, 2015

Jester King

Like probably 97% of Austin males aged 21-60, Tony is a craft beer connisseur, so he had been wanting to make the drive out to Jester King brewery compound for awhile. One Saturday afternoon we met some friends there. The grounds are sprawling, with whimsical touches like chandeliers hanging from tree branches.


The sun was bright, so we situated ourselves inside the barn.


Although I am smiling in this picture, I did not like my first beer at all. It was way too bitter. Then I switched to a raspberry beer and it was like the clouds parted and the cherubs started strumming on their little angel lutes.


Jackson and Olivia hung out all afternoon in the sand pit with their buds.


Olivia actually asked to be buried up to her neck in the sand, this was all completely voluntary, although I feel like it looks otherwise in the pictures.


Stanley's Farmhouse Pizza is the only on-site restaurant and they seem very meat-oriented, I suppose I could have just special ordered a marinara pie with some veggies on top, but I didn't feel like messing with it. Once we got home I made a quick stir-fry with tofu, rice, a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies, and hoisin sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment