Wednesday, April 15, 2015

SXSW

SXSW 2015 has come and gone, but as I am behind in my posting, I will relive my one day of SX festivities now.


While my parents watched the kids, Tony and I took the train downtown to see Run the Jewels play at a free day show. We got to the venue a little early, so we popped down the block for a cocktail at Wonderland. I had a "Green Velvet" with vodka, grapefruit juice, and basil. So refreshing.


We shared a plate of "tater tot chaat" from the Chaat Shop trailer, located in Wonderland's beer garden. Tater tots covered in spicy curry and chili sauce is possibly THE perfect bar food.


Time for the show! As we were expecting, the venue had long since been at capacity, but we were able to get a decent view of the stage from a side street, and we could hear everything perfectly.


We chilled at another bar, The Eastern, until our train came to take us back up to far north BFE.


And that concludes our brief SX 2015 experience. When you are a music lover with two kids, and elderly parents who can only watch said kids for a few hours, you take what you can get! I'm glad I was able to catch at least one show this year and it was the group I most wanted to see.



1 comment:

  1. I love Run the Jewels as well! The tots looked amazing, seems like an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete