Thursday, April 9, 2015

Mountain Laurels

I'm not a native Texan but I've learned that spring = bluebonnets. Folks are down right obsessed with capturing the perfect shot of their little darlings frolicking among the bluebonnets, and I definitely include myself in that obsession! But, did you know spring also means the Texas mountain laurels are in bloom?


Bluebonnets have their own lovely floral scent, it's true. But...dude. Mountain laurels smell like GRAPE BUBBLE GUM. Not kidding! And it is a strong, bold scent. So basically when we take our walks around the neighborhood, it's like we're moving through a heady cloud of sweet grape incense.


I love spring in Austin.

While Jackson is at school, Olivia and I have been working on improving our baking skills. I have never been much of a baker but I'm getting there!


Blueberry Lemon Creme Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. The perfect cupcake for a sunny spring day, bursting with blueberry and lemon flavors!


The Roller Skating Chef...I see a Food Network gig in her future!


For dinner I made a couple of Veganomicon recipes, Penne alla Vodka and Rosemary Focaccia.


A coworker of Tony's gave him a huge bundle of fresh rosemary and this focaccia was a tasty use for it. My focaccia dough rose nicely! Yeast bread baking scares me the most, but I will keep practicing!








No comments:

Post a Comment