Friday, December 5, 2014

Natvia and Norbu

The kind folks at Natvia/Norbu recently sent me some of their natural sugar alternatives to try out. Natvia is stevia-based, while Norbu is made from monkfruit. No artificial ingredients! I've been using them in my coffee and smoothies, and I enjoy them both. They both have a pretty neutral flavor, and no aftertaste. Although stevia is my preferred sweetener and I wasn't familiar with monkfruit, I do like the Norbu, although it's not quite as sweet as the Natvia and I have to use more. So it's a matter of personal taste which one you'd prefer, but I can see myself buying either one in the future.


Here's a smoothie I made with blueberries, banana, spinach, spirulina, raw vanilla protein powder, and a packet of Norbu. Looks like the black lagoon, but tasted awesome.


It's another rainy day. We don't get enough of these, so I'm appreciating it.  Jackson also loves rain. He ran around in the driveway until he was nice and soaked.


Olivia and I shared a pound of roasted Brussels sprouts for lunch. That's my girl!


For dinner I made tacos using quinoa taco meat. The seasoned quinoa smelled so good as it was cooking! We topped them with lettuce, tomato, black olives, and hot sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment