Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Ciao, Chao

Started out the day making some blueberry waffles. Thanks to the Sinfully Wholesome Waffles from Isa Does It, I'll never need another waffle recipe.


Olivia and I swung by Whole Foods to feed our new Bubbies pickle addiction. I was also pleased to see that our WF has started carrying the new vegan cheese from Field Roast, which they call Chao. I picked up the Creamy Original flavor.


Jackson's school held a farmer's market at pickup time. Yes, from their very own school garden, maintained by the kids themselves. I'm so amazed with this school and the good fortune we had of finding a house in the district. We brought home some arugula and turnip greens.


Putting it all together, I made a panini on ciabatta bread with Chao, tomatoes, basil, and arugula. I have to say I'm not the world's greatest fan of vegan cheeses, but this is the best vegan sliced cheese I've had to date, in terms of texture and flavor. It also melts very nicely! Blended with the other flavors of the sandwich, I really enjoyed it. Olivia loved the Chao! She ate a couple of slices on their own, for a snack.


We also shared some pomegranate seeds.


Now that she has discovered them, Queen Olivia wishes pomegranate seeds were a year-round option. But I think having them in the fall will make them more special and we will eat our fill while they're available.


1 comment:

  1. I have such a Bubbies addiction. I loved the Chao cheese, too.

    ReplyDelete