Monday, October 20, 2014

Sand and Sandwiches

Today Olivia requested a visit to the dino pits at the nature and science center. It was a beautiful day, so I thought that was a great idea.


As we trekked along the wooded trail, we stopped to notice all the colorful flowers in bloom. I loved these tiny purple berries, although I'm not sure what they are called. So vibrant.


Olivia played archaeologist, digging for buried "dinosaur bones" buried beneath the sand.


I am really trying to soak in this last year of having my baby girl at home with me every day, before she goes off to kindergarten next year.


For dinner I made my very favorite meal, the Vietnamese Seitan Baguette with Savory Broth Dip from Veganomicon. I served them on kaiser rolls instead of baguette. So much love for this spicy sandwich.




No comments:

Post a Comment