Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Breakfast Fail

Sometimes a meal just does not work out. On Sunday, the Tofu Benny from Vegan Brunch was such a meal. Exhibit A, the "English muffins." Do those look like muffins to you? Yeah, they didn't rise at all. I'm not sure why because my yeast was brand new. I don't think my house is warm enough? I seem to have better luck with baking when I let my yeast dough rise in a warm oven.


Exhibit B, the Hollandaise sauce. Or, the goopy yellow mess. Like that toy slime that comes in plastic eggs. We just couldn't.


The tofu turned out fine and we rescued it to use on sandwiches. Everything else went into the trash. Sometimes I shouldn't try to do a big production in the morning. Jackson understands, Sunday mornings are for staying in pajamas until noon and playing.


Olivia thinks Sunday mornings are for being a goofball, but then, for Olivia, life is for being a goofball.


I think I redeemed myself with dinner, Hoisin Glazed Tofu and Bok Choy from One-Dish Vegan.










1 comment:

  1. It's so refreshing to see that other people sometimes lovingly prepare meals that are failures, too! Brave girl for showing us:) Dinner looks lovely, though:)

    ReplyDelete