Thursday, September 25, 2014

Vegan MoFo Day 19: DJ Jackson


For breakfast I made strawberry pecan waffles, using the Sinfully Wholesome Waffles from Isa Does It as my base recipe.


I cut up the extras and froze them, so we can pop them in the toaster for quick breakfasts the rest of the week.


Olivia's lunch: strawberries, carrots, and a tortilla roll-up with Lightlife turkey, Follow Your Heart cream cheese, and grated carrots. 


I had a salad with sauerkraut, pickles, dried cranberries, and Annie's Goddess dressing. 


For dinner we had carry-out pizza from Spartan Pizza. I used a Groupon to try out this pizza trailer for the first time. When I picked up the pizza it was pouring rain, and I was surprised they were open! The owner told me he believes in keeping his set business hours, which impressed me. That is not the case with all food trailers in Austin. Anyway, they offer a vegan pizza made with Follow Your Heart cheese, so we gave that a try. The crust was thin but chewy, and the sauce was quite good. I discovered I don't like FYH cheese any better than Daiya, which is to say not at all, but I didn't know that until I tried it, and it's certainly not Spartan's fault. I'd order from them again and just do a cheeseless veggie pizza.


Jackson won a bead necklace and snap bracelet at school. He exclaimed, "I look like a DJ!" Ha! I'm pretty lucky -- laughter is great therapy, and my kids do not charge by the hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment