Thursday, August 14, 2014

Kids and Quotes

"What I wanted most for my daughter was that she be able to soar confidently in her own sky, whatever that may be." - Helen Claes


"Prove yourself brave, truthful, and unselfish, and someday, you will be a real boy." - The Blue Fairy from Disney's Pinocchio


Today I was introduced to wheat berries. I'd never used them, or honestly seen them, before.


Well, they are lovely! You need to soak them overnight before cooking them, but they provide a nice chewy textural component, similar to barley, in The Oh She Glows Cookbook's Protein Power Bowl. (The online version of the recipe calls for spelt berries, which I haven't tried either, but the cookbook recipe calls for either spelt or wheat berries.) And as a lover of all things lemony, I heartily approve of the lemon-tahini dressing that coats the wheat berries, lentils, spinach, red bell pepper, and tomato (I also threw in some edamame because I needed to use it up.)  



No comments:

Post a Comment