Thursday, July 17, 2014

Detroit 2014: Day 1

My younger brother Sean and his wife Melissa became first-time parents in January. My first niece! Well, Tony's nieces are my nieces, of course. But having a niece on your side of the family, who you've known since she was a baby, is a special thing. I've been soooo excited to meet her, and last week it was finally time to fly up to Detroit and visit.


This was Olivia's first time on an airplane. As you can see, she was super excited. She kept exclaiming, "I can't believe I am flying!" and trying to peek out the window. 


We arrived in Detroit in the afternoon and headed over to Sean and Melissa's. Isabella was wide awake and ready to meet everyone!


We also met Sammy, Sean and Melissa's year-old puppy. Thanks to her underbite, Sammy looks like she is pouting all the time. I think she needs to become internet-famous like Grumpy Cat.


For dinner, Sean and Melissa suggested Crispellis, a bakery/pizza/sandwich cafe. I had the veggie panini with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, arugula, cucumber and feta, with a side of fries. Because Crispellis bakes their own bread, the bread was the best part of the sandwich -- light yet chewy.


For dessert, Tony and I shared a slice of tiramisu with the kids. The espresso flavor turned off the littles. More for us, hehehe.


Afterwards, it was back to the house to chill with Izzy some more. Tomorrow, the zoo.



No comments:

Post a Comment